Tally Founder’s Day 2021 | 35 Years of Tally
- October 15, 2021
- Posted by: CICMS
- Category: Skill Training ,
More than 3 decades ago, Shyam Sundar Goenka, moved out of Kolkata and set up his textile business in Bangalore which supplied raw material and machinery to textiles mills. During the course of his business, he wanted to automate his accounting operations but found existing accounting software extremely complicated and difficult to use. With a vision to simplify his accounting operations, he suggested his son, Bharat Goenka to develop an accounting solution which led to the birth of Tally Solutions in 1986.
Tally Solutions, then known as Peutronics, was co-founded in 1986 by Shyam Sunder Goenka and his son Bharat Goenka and incorporated in 1991.
#cicms #cicmspathanamthitta #skilltraining #tally #tallyerp #tallyprime #tallysolutions #tallyinstituteoflearning #tallygst #tallygccvat #tallytraining #tallycourses #tallycertification #tallyaccounting #govtapprovedcourses #accountingandtaxation #finance #accounting
Tally Solutions; Brief History
- In 1999, the company formally changed its name to Tally Solutions.
- In 2006, Tally launched Tally 8.1, a concurrent multi-lingual version, and also Tally 9.
- In 2009, the company released Tally.ERP 9, a business management solution
- In 2015, the company launched a program called Vriddhi to certify and classify its business partners. Also in 2015, Tally Solutions announced the launch of Tally.ERP 9 Release 5.0 with taxation and compliance features.
- As of 2016, the company had 1 million customers.
- In 2016, Tally Solutions was shortlisted as a GST Suvidha Provider to provide an interface between the new Goods and Services Tax (GST) server and taxpayers, and in 2017, the company launched its updated GST compliance software.
- In 2020, the company released TallyPrime.
Products: TallyPrime Tally.ERP 9, Tally.Server 9, Tally.Developer 9 and Shoper 9,